The brake lever LF901 makes the brake control manual by transferring it from the pedal to the wheel. It can be installed in cars with automatic gear, sequential transmission or automatic clutch. It represents an ideal driving solution for the drivers with partial or complete lack of lower limbs functionality.
The vertical movement has the following advantages:
– The force given to the lever is transmitted to the pedal by means of a favorable leverage system aligned with the pedal. The required force to brake is really minimal.
– A very short movement is enough to brake: to activate the lever you just need to slightly press it down, without moving your hand completely away from the steering wheel. This movement is immediate, natural and very quick.
– Its good performance is not hindered by the protruding shape of the center console and the lever won’t hit against it while braking.
– The transmission lever system is hidden behind the dashboard and not under the steering wheel, in order to ease the process of getting in and out of the vehicle and to keep the car design unchanged.
– Braking is always voluntary and its intensity is proportional to the force applied. It’s never caused by an involuntary forward propulsion of the body, which comes natural, while car is slowing down.
– If a violent collision moves the pedals backwards, the lever rotates upward on its own axis, rather than against the driver tabsmall.com.
The lever handle consists of a knob made of a material which doesn’t transmit heat or cold to the hand. It’s equipped with three buttons: horn, hill holder and economizer.
The economizer (when in combination with a Kivi electronic accelerator) reduces the power of the vehicle: when the device is activated, the power of the car is reduced so as to be ready for those situations requiring particular driving awareness (e.g. newly licensed drivers, parking manoeuvres or simply in city traffic in order to reduce the fuel consumption).
To engage the hill holder, just exert a pressure on the lever and press the respective button. To disengage it, just press the lever a bit further down and let go.